Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow!

I got to see some snow this morning! It was beautiful. Now, it has just turned to icy rain, but it is dark so it doesn't matter. I hope for more snow tomorrow. I also hope that the Bears win - a girl can dream, can't she??

I don't feel very well today. I have my usual, day after chemo, rash. That is a typical symptom. I have an awful taste in my mouth - another typical symptom. I can eat apples and tomato based products (pasta and marinara sauce, etc.), but everything else tastes funny. Even water tastes funny - which is bad because I need to drink as much as possible in order to flush the toxins OUT! I have been drinking cranberry juice - that tastes fine. My hip joints really hurt - that is a symptom that has been getting worse each time. And finally, a flu-like headache, general malaise, and the ongoing nausea. Honestly, I'm not whining - just documenting! ;)

After a few more days, I will feel better. Then, I will only have to go through this one more time! It is hard to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My dear friend told me that 'there is a light at the end of the tunnel - just don't run into it and get hit by a train.' Actually, I think she said it better. I just don't remember the exact wording.

You will also notice that I will be using the term 'ovarian cancer' more frequently, so people who are trying to find info about ovarian cancer via a blog search may be directed to my blog. (see, I slipped the term ovarian cancer in again! You barely noticed!!)

I'm tired - so I am going to lay back down on the couch. That is where I will remain for several days. Good thing it is comfortable, and there are plenty of cats around to keep me company.

I'll report back in a few days when I'm feeling better.

(ovarian cancer!) ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm tickled you put my "light at the tunnel" in your blog!! And you know what, it may not be exact, but I like your version better!!!

Everyone chant with us:

Only one more!
Only one more!
Only one more!

Love ya like a sistah from another mistah!!!

JK