Saturday, December 8, 2007

If it ain't one thing...

it's another. We came home last night to find our ice cube bin filled with water, and a warm freezer and refrigerator. Hmmm. My favorite husband cleaned what he could to see if it was just the coils or other problem, etc. No such luck. I guess it is probably the compressor.

It looks like our Christmas gifts to each other this year will be a new refrigerator. Thank goodness for good credit and places out there that offer free financing for a while. At least we didn't have a whole lot of food that was ruined. It is actually a good reason to get rid of a lot of stuff (especially in the freezer) that has been there longer than it needed to be ;)

Other than that, things are going well! I am feeling much better now. I went to work Thursday and Friday - but probably should have just stayed home on Thursday. I am still really tired and my energy level isn't what it used to be. I just need to accept my limits, and try not to push them too often. It is really frustrating to not be as 'able' as I was, even just a month or two ago! Patience - I just need patience.

Chemotherapy is tricky. "Cumulative" is the key word for anyone about to undertake it. It wasn't until the third and fourth treatments that I started to realize what I was really in for, and each time has been progressively worse. However, each time I am learning to better deal with the side effects, and what I can to limit their severity. It is all a learning process, and everyone handles it differently.

I have also been thinking about my ovarian cancer diagnosis, and how extremely lucky I was that I started having symptoms that sent me to the doctor. It felt like my appendix was inflamed, or about to burst (that's the best way I can describe the twinge I felt in my right side that finally sent me to the ER). I had no other real definable symptoms. I have been reading about women who never knew or had any symptoms of ovarian cancer, until it had really spread - and those women didn't generally last long (although there are always exceptions!). Granted, I wish I had symptoms sooner ;) but I am glad that I had any at all. The cancer was discovered in enough time to give me a fighting chance. Many others have not been as lucky, and I feel for them and their families.

OK- enough 'cancer perspective'. Have a great weekend all!

No comments: