Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holidaze

We braved the dreaded "mall" yesterday. I am happy to say that we got a lot of shopping done! We aren't finished yet - there are some loose ends to finish up, but we took a big chunk out of what we needed to get.

I am not over-doing it this year. The remaining shopping I have to do - either I know what I'm getting, or picking up gift cards. The shopping really exhausted me though. Not sure if I can rightfully blame the chemotherapy for that, or if I just hate shopping ;)

The good news was that it snowed! We have nearly a foot on the ground now. Of course, we saw a lot of cars in ditches, and off the road yesterday. I'm just glad we weren't one of those...

Normally, I would be having chemotherapy this coming Friday. I am SO GLAD to have an extra week off because of the holiday! I think my body needed the extra recuperation time to recover from the last one. The holidays are a perfect distraction too, to keep me from worrying or thinking too much about the cancer. I'll save that activity until next year. Today is my company Christmas party, more shopping this week, and next weekend is the Bears/Packers game that we have tickets to. PLENTY to keep me distracted!

Happy holidays everyone!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Great blog! Thank you for the link! You don't happen to live in Michigan do you? Just curious when you were talking about the snow you got. We had the same thing.

koneill1976 said...

Hi, this is Kristine and I finally figured out how to write you back. I am new at blogging. I read your blogs and I am satisfied that you have the same side effects as me. I hate the taste and totally understand how you have to drink an ocean to flush the crap out and everything tastes like poop. I try to tell people it is like licking a frozen pull and ripping your tounge off. How long have you been in chemo? I have done it 7 times now. I go five days straight then once a week for two weeks. How did you get christmas week off? Lucky. Talk to you soon.

koneill1976 said...

I am on Cisplatin, Bleomycin and Etoposide. I get the bleo once a week and the other two I get 5 days in a row then 2 weeks off. I started Dec 3 and have to have 4 cycles, so I should be done in Feb some time, i hope. Right now I am giving myself the WBC injections and it is making me feel crappy. My head feels like someone took a hammer to it. I am glad you are almost done. I bet that is exciting. I can't wait till I am in your place. I just hope this shit does not pop back up somewhere else 5 years down the road and I have to go through it again.

Gerry said...

Nat - I am soooooooooo happy for you........what a game to be at and have your beloved Chicago Bears beat the you know what out of dose Cheeseheads. I kept saying............come on....win this for Natalie:):) Man! It must have been fun to be there and see all the mishaps the Packers made, and Urlacher with the grin on his face after he intercepted a pass from Favre.........priceless.
Happy Holidays!!!!