Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! The Bears game yesterday was fantastic!! Yes, it was cold and snowy and very windy - but we dressed for it and it didn't bother us too much. Plus, we had access to an interior area where we could go if it got too cold. A wonderful game especially since the Bears won! (sorry Packers fans... )

I even had the energy last night to go to my in-laws family Christmas party (where the whole extended family shows up). That was good - because they had all heard of my ovarian cancer diagnosis and had sent me cards, and I wanted to show them that I was ok. It was a lot of fun and I am only sorry that we didn't get there a little earlier since we missed seeing some people.

I am experiencing some anxiety again about my upcoming chemo on Friday. It is nice to know that it will be the last time this year (and hopefully - ever) that I have to worry about chemotherapy. Its funny what the mind can do - Just thinking about it, I can already 'taste' the chemo, and feel the poison before it even enters my system. Good thing that I have a busy week ahead to keep me from dwelling on it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Merry Christmas, Natalie:
I just read your latest update on the blog. So glad you and Tim enjoyed the game......and that the Bears beat the Green Bay Packers. Me? I'm still mad at my Minnesota Vikings............they always self-destruct, so I shouldn't have been surprised. My family is watching "A Christmas Story" for about the 4th time now........I had to do something else:)
Good luck with your chemotherapy, and yes, I'm sure you must be feeling anxious, especially since you know what lies ahead. I hope 2008 will find you not having to do anymore chemo. Having a busy week ahead should help. Good luck, God bless.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Nat and Tim!

"Favourite Husband," indeed... Humph! ;-)

My mother was actually watching the Bears game and commenting that she hoped no-one we knew was braving the "insane" weather to go out there, and of all people...! Well, you get the picture.

She's not doing so well right now in terms of weakness and blindness, but is healthy, and driving me increasingly crazy. She just gets vaguer and vaguer and it's an open question as to how long all this can continue. The holidays just seem to exacerbate the uselessness she feels, but for heaven's sake, she's 85 and at least living in her own home! Somehow she doesn't appreciate that part of it much, and I of course get the brunt of her restiveness.

I, on the other hand, am doing pretty well on the whole. I like my new job and the people I work with (whom I already knew fairly well) but am probably migrating to another company in the spring with a better future and benefits. We'll see what happens. If my mother passes on, we may just pick up stakes and move elsewhere. There's little to keep us here and I certainly don't want to keep this house!!

Hope the new year finds you improving and enjoy your new fridge! ;-)

Hugs,

Chrispy