Monday, September 17, 2007

Why a blog?

You might ask...
When all of this started, I wanted to gather as much information about what I would be going through as I possibly could. I looked at medical sites, cancer sites, chemo sites - everywhere. I also looked for blogs of others who were going through or already finished this process. I wanted to know what others had experienced and gain some insight as to what I would be going through.

Unfortunately in my search for other ovarian cancer bloggers, I noticed a trend. Many of the sites I found were indeed written by ovarian cancer patients, who had died from the disease. On each of these, someone else had posted the last post, indicating that the person had died. Reading those didn't offer much comfort. There are some blogs of survivors, and I do appreciate having those to look at. So I wanted to add another survivor blog to the mix.

I am not naive. I know that the odds are not in my favor. I know the published survival rates, and life expectancies. However, I don't need to immerse myself in the negative so I'll just keep reading the ones where the bloggers are still alive ;)

Of course, I also have this as a way of keeping anyone who may be interested, updated on my medical progress. In that vein - I still feel great!

1 comment:

Cancer Bitch said...

One of the women behind Chemochicks.com had ovarian cancer and seems to be OK. I think she had an advanced stage, at that.
--Cancer Bitch