Friday, September 21, 2007

Psych out

My favorite husband and I went to a shrink on Tuesday night. Don't worry! It was at the cancer care center in our area, and they ask that you meet with them before using their programs. It was an interesting, and somewhat uncomfortable experience.

Why do psychologist/psychiatrist types act like morticians around cancer patients? We were upbeat and cheerful, but she had a grim look on her face, and just kept nodding her head. It seemed she was thinking 'poor deluded people' or something. Don't get me wrong, she was nice and all - but she didn't personify 'hopeful' in her demeanor. ;) It is nice that they offer the service though. I'm just glad we don't have to do that again.

I stayed for a support group meeting. It was also interesting - but I am not really a talker, and it may not be for me. I'm glad I went though, and I may go back another time. You always have to try something before discounting it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...