Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back to work

and feeling almost back to normal! Who'd a thunk it - a couple of days ago I was sure that I was dying. Today, I had minimal bone pain, and felt almost human again. Hopefully this feeling will last until the next treatment. I think I can handle two and 1/2 awful days. I'll just drug myself up really good for them.
Speaking of drugging. I have never ever liked taking pills. A few aspirin for me was about all I would do. Once in a great while, I'd take some type of decongestant - but I'd have to be really very sick.
After the hysterectomy, I still didn't like taking pills. I took over the counter ibuprofin, and only took one or two vicodin while healing. At that time I just didn't need all of the drugs - the pain, thankfully, just didn't affect me that badly.
However for the past two days, I was taking vicodin every six hours (just one, but still!). Maybe that gives you a better idea of how bad I felt. The good news is that it helped ease the bone pain, and made me sleepy.
I now do not fault anyone, even myself, for having to rely on those pills. I don't anticipate taking more until the next treatment.
Everything at work was fine. Now I have an idea of how this treatment will affect me, and I can schedule my work appointments accordingly. It will feel so good to have things on some type of manageable schedule (or am I just kidding myself). I just have to avoid sick people, not get any infections, and buy a wig and I will be good to go!
Take care

No comments: