Friday, September 14, 2007

Quick update

Last night was my company's' annual open house. It is always fun, and I am usually one of the last to leave (that should surprise no one)! My job is to be the photographer. It works well for me, because then I don't have to be in any pictures. Granted, I am not a good photographer, but I am good enough for the purposes of these functions (I don't put my thumb over the lens). My favorite husband showed up around 6:30 and got to enjoy food, drink and a great steel drum band. The weather was perfect - clear, upper 70's, light breeze... perfect! We had a good time - our clients are always fun, and even though some 'schmoozing' is involved, it is not difficult to do with that group.

Last night though, I was tired! I do think it is still from the chemo. But I did feel good enough to last until 9 PM (big deal, I know). Not being able to enjoy a drink or two was also disappointing. I want to make sure my liver has an optimal chance with the drugs I'm getting. The oncologist said no alcohol too. I guess the rebel in me won't stand up to cancer (probably the wisest choice).

Today I feel GREAT. Not just good - great! I haven't felt this good in a while and never this well after an open house (hmmm...that could be due to a combination of things). I got some work done at home, and ran a bunch of errands in minimal time. Now I'm cleaning, because the new windows for our house are being installed tomorrow. I plan to feel this good until after my next chemo treatment.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: