Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we can!! Yes I can!!

First, I am so very thrilled that Obama is now our president elect! I know a lot of people have their reservations about him. However, I believe that he will win the doubters over, as they see his sincerity and his true desire to be a great leader and to bring people together. So long Bush/Cheney regime! No more ruling with fear and intimidation! Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. :)

I laughed and cried last night, while watching a hugely historic moment. It gives me faith in humankind again.

I start chemo tomorrow. I am a bit nervous, as this will be my first time with the interperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy - where taxotere will be injected into my new abdominal port to wash throughout my abdomen. First I meet with the doctor, and she will review the CT scans I had taken today. Then I'll have chemo in the late afternoon. There is a chance they may admit me overnight, if there is a reason to. I don't know much about this treatment - I didn't spend as much time researching it, and there was not as much info about IP Taxotere on-line, as there was about my previous chemo drugs. I trust my doctor though. Also, I can't worry about what I don't know about.

I'll let you all know the gruesome details later.

'Yes I can' get through this. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you can!

Good luck and keep us posted.

test said...

good luck Nat, hope everything goes ok
x

Kia Taylor said...

Good luck!!! We're with you, every step of the way!!

Yes We can!

Yes you can!

Yes we did!!

xoxo

Kia

Me said...

I was SO excited about Obama winning too!
And yes you can do it!

Jamie said...

I hope your chemo went well! I just checked this and it is of course after your treatment. I hope you have very little to no side effects. And, you of course already know I am not thrilled at all about our president-elect. ;o) There goes all our hard-earned money!