Saturday, November 15, 2008

'Roid Rage

OK - not 'rage', but the steroids that they gave me prior to chemo yesterday really helped perk me up today! I was able to go shopping for my favorite husbands birthday on Monday, and also did some grocery shopping. I figure that I need to enjoy the energy while I can! It felt good not to be so tired.

My blood results were fine. My CA125 was in the 300's after surgery. Now it is at 140. I hope it keeps dropping - that is the highest that it has been since my original diagnosis.

Chemo went fine. They had the 'right' tubing this time for the gravity feed of Taxotere (it didn't have to go through the IV slow drip into the abdomen). That cut a few hours off of my stay.

Also, a public relations person from Cancer Treatment Centers of America came to talk to me. Of course, she came right after they gave me the anti-nausea, benadryl, and other pre-chemo drugs that knocked me right out! She said that some newspapers had voiced an interest in interviewing me about this vaccine trial. Yikes! I told her yes - but I am nervous. I am not really a good speaker (like my blog friend Samantha - who speaks about her cancer experience in front of large crowds - or Kia who also talks to people all over about ovarian cancer).

We'll see what happens. All I know, is that I will have to do the interview BEFORE the pre-meds knock me out. As soon as she left, I was sound asleep. I slept through the whole chemo again too.

Thanks for the kind comments for the last blog entry. I know that all of you are right - I just need to be reminded every now and again. ;)

6 comments:

Joellyn said...

I'm so happy that you felt better today and could actually deal with shopping---not my favorite activity on any day, but amazing how the sense of normalcy is reassuring to us. I am so glad that you agreed to the interview. I'm sure the skilled interview will make it painless for you. The more publicity the better as we try to convince our insurance companies that the OvCa cure is still out there. Wishing you a better week this week.

test said...

energetic brain waves worked!! heh eh - so pleased you're on an up, long may it continue.

An interview? Great! You'll be famous - and I am sure you'll do fine. Just think of it as a bigger blog?

Happy birthday to the FH too - I am off to work in Portugal for 2 weeks, but will try to keep up with you there...

x

Anonymous said...

Well, you do know you have a publicist in your vast circle of friends. I'll give you some media training :)
Miss you! Annie

Kia Taylor said...

So glad you're feeling loads better...just caught up with your last two journals. I m so in awe that you have been able to work through this experience...don't be too hard on yourself...you're doing great!

As for your interview, you'll do fine...what better person to hear from that someone who's been through it and taking cancer by storm!!! Speak from your heart!

xoxo

kia

Anonymous said...

You're a better speaker than you think my friend! You will be great. And just think of all the women who will listen to you and get help they wouldn't have gotten before! You are my hero!!!

xoxo
JKE

Anonymous said...

You are a great speaker... they'll ask the questions and you just have to answer. I can't wait to read the article!