Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tired

I have been so tired this week. Just exhausted. I've been back to work, but I can't blame the exhaustion on that. They have allowed me to work at my own pace, and have understood my short days and limited mental capacity. I am just so very tired. It must be this chemo.

It frustrates me, because I think that I should be doing so much better. I feel that my - usually fast healing and recuperating body - has failed me miserably.

It will get better, but not anytime soon. I have chemo again tomorrow. They will also check my blood - maybe my RBCs are low or something. I hope that there is something wrong that is 'fixable', but won't delay my treatment. I don't want any delays in this ovarian cancer treatment.

I just have to hang on a few more weeks.

One very good thing happened this week though! On my first day back at work, my boss told me he was taking my company car from me, and gave me a different one. I am now driving a 2007 Prius! Of course all of that generosity makes me feel that I should be a better employee - not a tired one. Sigh.

4 comments:

test said...

your boss must be happy with you and you shouldn't worry - cool car!

The tiredness will go, we know that, trouble is it sort of drains the spirit a bit as well doesn't it? Remember this is a means to an end, and you will manage one step at a time, just like you've managed everything else. I am thinking of you and sending you lots of energetic brain waves! :)

Hang in there Nat, it'll be over eventually and the result will be worth it. And of course you have the FH too!

good luck tomorrow.
x

Anonymous said...

Don't worry....You can sleep while I drive to Washington!!!;-)

ODAAT Baby!!! (Maybe we should change it to one nap at a time)

Love you like a sister!

JKE

samantha said...

oh man... I wonder if your hemoglobins are low... I think that makes you tired. Try not to get yourself frustrated, I know how hard that is though. Cancer is pretty fucking frustrating.

Me said...

The fact that you are still working through all this is absolutely amazing in and of itself......so being tired????? Don't be so hard on yourself. Hugs.