Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home sweet home!

I am finally home! They discharged me today. I am tired, and definitely sore from the 1 1/2 hour drive home (those potholes REALLY hurt when you've had internal surgery!), but I feel very good considering! I think that I feel better than after my first surgery, although my incision is twice as long (extends up beyond my belly button now to mid-rib cage). I can "out-scar" any one I know, I think... ;) (any challengers??)

The doctor said that she removed ALL VISIBLE OVARIAN CANCER!!! (only microscopic disease remaining). She said there was no sign of the cancer "peppering" across my intestines, as the CT scans seemed to show. I simply cannot believe that I am cancer free right now! I really did not expect that to be the outcome. I thought that she would get a lot of it - but did not expect it all to be removed. Wow.

She has sent part of it to France, to have a vaccine created for the clinical trial. She sent another portion to California to have it 'tested' with different chemotherapies to determine what may affect it, if the cancer grows again.

I start chemo in less than two weeks. I have to call tomorrow to make the appointment, then I will have more information.

Words cannot describe how much I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts and good vibes. I know that I have God to thank for this, but he may not have noticed me, without all of you!

I am still stunned with what has happened so far. I am also on pain meds, and need to rest! I'll update later in the week.

Wow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such awesome news. When women have optimal debulking (all cancer over 1cm removed) surgery their chances of 5 year survival increase TREMENDOUSLY! You are tumor free!!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

We'll do chemo together.

test said...

YAY!!! ooo - made me get goose bumps reading this great news. So now you are an AC! Good luck with the chemo [bleeagh]I hope it's not too dreadful, but with your outlook, it'll soon be sorted.

Also quite nice to have all that hideous cancer posted FAR away from you! ;o)

What a good start to my week - I'm so happy for you.
Sx

Joellyn said...

WOW, Nat, I have thought of you every single day and was hoping that we would hear from you soon!
I'm so happy for you! I know that you are in a great place, now I'll start sending positive thoughts for the annihilation of the microscopic stuff. I think you have me beat on the "Scar Award" but I just remember how quick everything healed up. I hope your recovery is quick and you are feeling really good soon!

Me said...

oh that is great news nat....still thinking of you.

Kia Taylor said...

Thank God! I'm so happy for you. I am so happy that you are in wonderful hands and I pray that all continues to go well...please tell Favorite Husband thanks for the comment on my blog:) So cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie,
I don't know if you remember me but I do remember you well.
I write to your dad a lot and he gave me your blog info.
My prayes have been with you a long time my friend,and will continue of course.
My God bless you and your husband.
Kindest Regards,
Mike Lanting

koneill1976 said...

I am at work crying reading your blog. Yes, it is happy tears! I am so excited for you. You are in my thoughts everyday and I continually talk of what an inspiration you are to me and how you helped me through my dark times. You are one awesome chickie! The best of luck to you and I will talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Reading what other people have commented about you.......I am so happy to be related to you, Natalie. Your blog has kept people informed about each step one has to go through dealing with cancer...........and you have been so positive. May God richly bless you, and I hope you're healing really well after the surgery.
Gerry