Monday, October 6, 2008

Whirlwind

So far, this has been a great experience! I've met with nurses, had an EKG, blood drawn for all types of tests (including a BRAC genetic test), a meeting with the gynecologic oncologist and her staff, and a meeting with the gastroenterologist. Everyone has been great! This place is so organized - I think that our longest wait was for 20 minutes, and most of the time there was little to no wait.

My schedule is for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Now, many of you know that means the big "clean out". So I am sitting in the hotel room, hungry, and drinking the nastiest stuff I have ever had to drink. Its called "halflytely" and the taste is atrocious! I am only "half" way through right now too. I don't know if I'll be able to drink the rest of it! :( That will take up the day tomorrow, because I'll be under anesthesia.

Then on Wednesday, I will be CAT scanned from head to thigh. There will also be a mammogram. The nutritional and naturopathic consultations occur on that day as well.

Finally, on Thursday, I get to see the doctor again. She will look at all of these results and will determine her idea of the best path for me.

So far, this is great! I love the "one stop shopping" way this is done.

Well, I need to drink more stuff - I'll try to update tomorrow as well!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes yes Ive had to drink the dreadful drink myself a time or two! Ive had different brands; I think that I like the "Golightly" the best---although it should be renamed "Goexplosively" :)
It's great to get all of those tests done in the same week. Thursday will be an avalanche of information. Dont forget to write down any questions that you might have as they come up. I know that sometimes the second the doc walks in the room, I forget what I was going to ask!
Hang in there, girl. There are a bunch of us standing behind you.

Anonymous said...

wow... Where are you being treated? Can I go there???

Good luck with the drink!

Kia Taylor said...

I'm sooooo happy for you, it sounds like an awesome place...just knowing your in good hands can do wonders for your spirit!

P.S. Those drinks are so nasty, I literally cry everytime I have to have one:)

test said...

amazing! you sound SO happy and positive - that's got to be a good thing for starters. And everyone around you being so organised has to be reassuring.

That drink sounds vile? But I bet it keeps your mind occupied ;o)
x