Friday, October 17, 2008

Skydiving, anniversary and surgery - oh my!

I have quite the busy weekend ahead of me. Today is my last day at work, for a while (since I will be recouperating from surgery). I have a lot to finish up!

Tomorrow, I am going for my second skydive. My favorite husband will be there with me (he is quite adamant that he is staying the ground). More importantly, tomorrow is our fifth wedding anniversary (we have been together over 16 years). We are going out with our friends to celebrate.

Then, on Sunday we'll pack for our trip to Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL. Monday is a bunch of pre op stuff (including the nasty go-lytely drink for the clean out :( ) and Tuesday is surgery, where the doctor will hopefully remove all of the current ovarian cancer. We want optimal debulking here!

I doubt I will be posting again prior to that time. I'm keeping really busy, so that I have no time to worry or think about the surgery. Honestly though, I am not too worried about it. Whatever will be, will be - and this is a situation that I have absolutely no control over!

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers! I hope to post towards the end of next week with my status. I hope that the doctor is able to remove all visible ovarian cancer (no inaccessible stuff), and that I will heal well and quickly (like I did last time).

More importantly, happy anniversary Tim! (I let it slip! That is the name of my favorite husband!) You bring such joy and laughter into my life - I am so lucky to love and be loved by you!

Have a great weekend and week everyone. And remember:

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -ee cummings

10 comments:

test said...

aargh! You are SOO cool Nat! Skydiving again?? Crazy girl!!

I wish you the very best of luck for next week, and I'm sending masses of healthy waves your way. We'll be thinking of you here in the little hut in the UK! Hope you and Tim [hmm - I think I like 'The Favourite Husband' better rofl - more mysterious] have a brilliant weekend and anniversary and that the surgery is the start of a TOTAL recovery. Will keep an eye out for your next post, which will say they got rid of ALL the cancer - delete delete, and that you are healing like Speedy Gonzales. Good luck!
fifty hugs
Sandhy xxx

Kia Taylor said...

So much to say...I'll start with Happy Anniversary! My second anniversary is next week and your "Tim" sounds a lot like my "Dan". I'm so happy that you are in such good hands at the cancer treatment center of america, lastly with all of these new inventions and technologies...when is someone going to invent something less gross than go lytely...go lytely-GO AWAY!!!

Sending you many many healthy vibes...

xoxo

Kia

BTW-I got the melatonin!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery and sky-diving! Please keep us posted and know that I think about you very often. You will win!

Joellyn said...

Nat, I do sincerely hope that the surgery really goes well and you have a quick recovery. Am sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way.

In the meantime, may you and your favorite husband have the most delightful anniversary this week end.

And skydiving----I will think of you tomorrow when I look toward the blue sky in IA and think of you high flying in IL!

Sophia said...

Skydiving and an anniversary all in one weekend? I love it. And sending hugs and prayers your way. Here's to the last bit of the OVCA taken out completely!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary you, too. Hope you have a fantastic day!

Love you!

-- Jill

Anonymous said...

er, maybe that should have been you two. Forgive me...I've been drinking ;)

-- JC

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to my Fav Wife!
I Love You very much and forever!
(has it really been over 16 yesrs!:)
It was a great weekend, you're so cool for jumping out of plane! So whens the solo jump! :0)
Love
Fav Husband! :)

Gerry said...

Happy 5th Anniversary Natalie & Tim.......and what a way to celebrate - sky driving again. You will be very much in my thoughts & prayers tomorrow that the surgery will go well, and a speedy recovery. Take care, dear one, and God bless you.
Gerry

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary and good luck on your surgery! I will be praying! I hope they can get all of the visible cancer and you can move on to the next step of this process quickly. Keep us posted!

jamie