Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BIG sigh of relief!

Cancer Treatment Centers can schedule me for an initial consultation this coming Monday, or the next. It all hinges on if they can get my pathology slides, all my scan records, and every bit of cancer related data about me from the three facilities involved. (surprisingly - there is a lot of data for one years time). The initial consultation takes three-five days. They really put you through the wringer! There will be consultations with the doctor, more scans (if needed), more tests (if needed), more bloodwork, a nutritionist, etc. etc. I like their "whole" approach to cancer - they try to treat the mind, body and spirit.

My insurance will not be a problem!!!!!!!!! (happy happy dance!) It will be a little costly for us, but it doesn't sound like anything we can't handle!

This is such good news. I have put a lot of hope into being seen at this place, and getting into their clinical trial for ovarian cancer (if it is determined to be a good fit for me).

I will update with more news once I'm scheduled.

Whew!

Oh, I must add that my mental break from ovarian cancer last month really felt good! It was nice to put it all out of my mind for that time. There were still periods of time where I felt panic - but I am getting better at going with the flow. Panic does not help my situation. Anxiety doesn't help. I am getting better at separating my thoughts from that. Except sometimes at night. So I am extending the hiatus for a while longer!

3 comments:

Kia Taylor said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm doing the happy dance for you! I've always wondered about the cancer treatment center of america, please keep us posted on how everything goes...

kia

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are going to go to the best place. This is good news.

I send you good thoughts all of the time!

test said...

brilliant!! happy dance here for you too!
x