Wednesday, November 14, 2007

At the oncologists

Another good report. He still says I'm 'breezing' through this. I told him he should have seen me two days ago... :) He is very kind - and he said that he is sorry that I have to go through this. I've found that many doctors are not compassionate - he seems to be.
He answered most of my questions. No more CA125 tests until the treatment is over. He was not concerned about the slight increase in number the last time. He's not worried about the kidney pain (thinks its associated with the neulasta). He will not talk to me about follow up treatment until after my treatment is done.
Most importantly, he allowed me to move my last treatment to December 27th or 28th (I'll have to check with the chemo nurses for an opening). He said I could even wait until after the new year, but I want to get these done before the new year as I had previously planned. Yes - he said six treatments should be sufficient and he will NOT be adding more treatments! That is such good news to me! In the darkness of this past weekend, I started worrying that I might only be half way through if he decided on 8 treatments. I am so glad I don't have to worry about that now!
I'm still tired, but I am feeling buoyed by the knowledge that I only have two more treatments left!

No comments: