Saturday, May 31, 2008

Big foot

I am hobbled. My feet have not been reliable for the last week, but really bad for the past four days. I went to the doctors yesterday, and they lectured me for the walking I have been doing (not since Sunday though). It was embarrassing because they sent in the chemo nurse to go over the 'do not' list for Doxil again. I felt like a kid getting lectured for not following directions. If the shoe fits... But it doesn't. Swollen painful feet. I hope they get better soon, because I need to work and I need my feet!

I am soaking them in cold water, elevating them, and basically trying to stay off of them - but it is HARD!

On the upside - I got to see a dear friend who was in town for a convention. Old friends are the best. They have seen you at your worst, been there through good and bad times, and still stick by you. It was so good to see her - and she looks fabulous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie - It was wonderful seeing you on Saturday, and you look great! I am so sorry to hear your feet are bothering you so much from the chemo drug you're on now. I sure hope you'll be doing better real soon. Trying to stay off one's feet when they want to do things....basic things, like go to work, pretty hard. I do so hope soaking them in cold water, and elevating your legs helps.
Wonderful about your dear friend, and friends are so dear to us.
Say hi to your favorite husband, Tim, for us.
Take care, God bless.
Gerry

Me said...

HUGS.......BIG HUGE HUGS for you.