Friday, May 16, 2008

Doing fine

One day after treatment, and one day after my 41st birthday - I am doing fine.

First the birthday. I used to dislike birthdays, because they meant that I was getting older. Now I like them, because they mean that I am getting older. What a shift in my outlook, in just one year! :) My favorite husband and I will celebrate next weekend.

The doctor said that the red dots I have on my legs and stomach are a side effect of the Doxil, and to let her know if it gets any worse. She said to wear very loose clothing - so I have to go shopping for some mumu's. :) (Just kidding - for right now at least). The infusion went fine. I am just a little tired and cranky today (I blame the steroids!) and I am trying to keep my hands and feet iced to prevent any further side effects.

But so far so good! The side effects are certainly reasonable at this point. I just don't want to turn into a big, rashy, mess. Oh well, at least I have hair!

Oh - today two women I know are undergoing surgery for colon cancer. Please send your healing thoughts and prayers to Linda and Gerri today - and for the next few weeks! I'm hoping that both surgeries are totally successful, and that no further treatment will be necessary.

4 comments:

koneill1976 said...

Hey Nat, how are you? Sorry I have stopped blogging, I have dial up and it is a pain to post. You are so strong and I think of you often. My daughter and I have been giving presentations to classes at Ohio U. since I am a survivor and she is a daughter of a survivor. I am spreading the word of getting tests done that can help save you from ovarian cancer. Right now I am fine, growing my hair back and finally getting my energy back. I have developed food allergies I think to gluten and dairy. I am going to make an appointment this week. I still have no feeling in my fingertips and my feet swell still. Fun! I am graduating on June 14th from college. Yea me! Then I have my first 3 month check up on June 19th. I too, am trying to loose the chemo weight which is not coming off as fast as I want it too. Thinking of you and I will check in on your blogs and maybe write one myself. :)
kristine

Jamie said...

Hey Nat! I haven't gotten an e-mail from you to send you the baby pics. Can you resend it?? I looked in my junk mail but didn't see it there either.

I'm glad your treatments are going well!! I just posted about my mom, there are more tumors. I'm praying for both of you daily.

Anyway, send me your e-mail and I will send you a bunch of baby pics.

Joellyn said...

Happy Birthday, Nat! I just never find the time to add to my blog, no surprise with 3 posts in almost a year! LOL Oh well,a late spring here has me in the yard planting, planting, planting---a true joy, so all is well. I'm thinking about you and glad to hear your treatments are going well. I just spoke at a memorial a week ago for a friend with cancer of the colon. Very sad. I am saying a silent prayer for your friends today.
Peace, Joellyn

test said...

curly hair is great - I promise you, you never have to brush it, just have the wild look - I am SO missing mine!

thinking of you!
Sx