Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back on my feet

Yes! I am back up and moving! My feet still hurt, but I can walk again. I was starting to worry that I had really damaged myself. I had to crawl to the bathroom at one point over the weekend. It is so good to be on the mend! Sigh - but no more power walking for a while...

Also my doctor advised that I get some clogs (my husband says I'm a fashion statement). I haven't worn clogs since junior high school. Please don't laugh at my footwear if you see me on the street.

Some additional good news - I am postponing my next chemotherapy so that no side effects will interfere with my upcoming vacation! Yes you read that right - vacation! We are joining my favorite in laws on a trip to Hawaii in a few weeks. As it gets closer, I am really starting to get excited! We are going to go hiking, horseback riding, zip lining, etc. etc.

My doctor is totally on board with postponing my next Doxil treatment until I get back from the trip. She still wants to see me in a week, but I will not be having chemo. That will give my feet a chance to fully heal, and the other skin issues I'm having a chance to resolve themselves as well. And for my next treatment, I now know what I need to do to minimize the effects on my feet and hands (no power walking. ;) )

Enjoy your mobility people!

5 comments:

Gerry said...

There you are, my dear Natalie:)
I'm so glad you're not going to be doing any power walking, and will enjoy being on the mend.
Aha! Clogs - Fun.......a fashion statement indeed:)
I am so glad to read you're postponing your next chemotherapy, because you want to be all set for the vacation in HI with your favorite husband and favorite in-laws. Ernie and I were in HI in 1992 and we just loved it. What islands are you going to, Natalie? I am so happy you're going there:)
I have to send you a picture of Ernie and me when we posed for a picture in HI..........you will crack up:)
Yes, we take so much for granted in life...........a little thing like mobility being so important. You take care, Natalie. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you have your hair!!!

I'm so jealous about Hawaii, I may have to stow away in your luggage.

JKE

samantha said...

I'm so glad you are going to Hawaii! You are going to have so much fun!!

You should try danskos, I love mine.

koneill1976 said...

My family and I were stationed on Oahu for 6 years. It is so pretty and smells good. I love your spirit, it gets me through those poopy days. You are always in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

How are you?