Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sigh

This post was written on Wednesday, Feb 6, but not posted then due to my sisters upcoming wedding.

Its snowing again. Usually for me, that lifts my spirits. Not today though.

I just came from my oncologists office where I got the results of my CT scan. They found a 4cm x 3cm soft tissue mass, near my liver, displacing my gall bladder. Coming on the heels of six rounds of chemotherapy, this is not the greatest of news.

Of course, they don't know if its cancer. My gut is telling me it is.

I scheduled a PET scan for Friday the 8th. The doctor wants to be sure that there are no other 'masses' to be aware of. After the PET is done, I will also see the gyne/oncologist to get his opinion. Then there will be more surgery - hopefully just to remove the one mass already identified. If cancer, then probably more chemotherapy - with different drugs because the ones I was on obviously didn't stop cancer from growing. If not cancer - then time to celebrate! ;)

Now I just play the waiting game again. I want surgery soon to get this thing out of me. Its just a matter of getting it all scheduled and set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear this news. The waiting game is not a fun one. Hopefully it is just a mass full of nothing.

I hate cancer.

nat said...

Thanks sam. I hate it too! :)