Saturday, January 26, 2008

CT Scan

I had a CT scan today. No big deal, except for the barium suspension that they make you drink the night before, and right before the scan. I picked the banana flavor (the receptionist recommended it). Yuck. I did try the orange - and I would recommend that flavor for anyone who has to go through this. Full bodied, a nice bouquet, with underlying citrus tones :)

The technician said that they won't have the results for three days or so. I don't really anticipate anything showing up on this scan. A CT scan isn't the most accurate diagnostic tool, and I consider this to be a baseline scan, so any future irregularities can be compared to it.

Still - I want to hear that everything is ok. ;)

Other random stuff:

My favorite husband and I are off on a free trip - one of those promotional gigs, with free air fare and hotel. It couldn't have come at a better time. We really need a short escape.

The shower and wedding stuff is going fine, except now *I* have to find a dress. I am putting it off until the last minute.

I was volunteered to judge a science fair this past week. I really enjoyed it, but it made me feel a little gypped that I never got to do that in school. I am always so surprised at how smart children are. I guess I spent much of my childhood feeling dumb - do kids still feel like that?

That's it! Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note, Natalie. I see you have a couple new posts, and I shall have to play catch up, but for now, I do so hope you're doing well. I know you mentioned you and your husband were going on a trip. Having a wonderful time.
BTW, when is Lori getting married? I'm pretty sure you said in February, but don't recall the date.
Take care, God bless.
Gerry

koneill1976 said...

I read the blog of the ticket taker. I get mistaken for a guy all the freakin time and I am a DD. I am a tomboy too, I told Steve that maybe I should buy something girly just until my hair grows back or I will just be a lesbian. I am fine either way. I did buy lipgloss the other day, but that doesn't seem to matter. :) I have to ask, did you ever have swelling eyes that constantly watered? I am not on steroids right now and i look constantly stoned. I have also been having pains where my ovary use to be. I call them fantam pains. I am nervous about next week being my last week. It is like it is almost over, but in the back of my head I am wondering if it is. I know you can relate. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I hope you are doing well...