Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome 2008!

And it couldn't have come soon enough! 2007 haunted us all the way up through New years eve, when we found a flooded basement. It was my fault - since our refrigerator went out I had been wondering which appliance would next choose to die. For those of you who guessed the water heater - ding ding ding!!! You WIN! All we could do was laugh. Laugh and call a plumber. Luckily, we found one that would do it for us on short notice, and on a semi-holiday. I still wasn't feeling well, so I slept through the whole process.

So long 2007
So long cancer
So long costly household expenses (that may be wishful thinking)
So long side effects and chemotherapy
And good riddance to you all!

I am back. Side effects were bad again - but not quite as bad as they had been. That was either due to the extra week of recuperation I had this time for the holidays, or due to the fact that it was the last one - whatever - I don't care - I am just glad that they were a little bit easier to bear. I'm still tired, and expect to be for the next month as these toxins finish the job, knock out any remaining hair on my body, and continue the course out of my body.

What's next you ask? I have to make an appointment with my regular oncologist in three weeks. At that time, he will order a CT or CAT scan and possibly blood tests. Once the scans are done I will see the gynecological oncologist who will also look at them and offer his opinion. Assuming all of that is ok, there will be follow ups - every three months or so I believe.

Right now I don't know quite how I feel - I am still recovering, and I haven't even been back to work yet. I haven't started to process anything yet- but more importantly, I haven't started to worry about anything yet ;)

I will wish you all a happy new year! Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie - I'm so glad to hear the after effects of the chemotherapy doesn't appear to be quite as bad. I'm so sorry about the other appliance going out. Yes, good riddance 2007, and HELLO to 2008. The faith of a tiny mustard seed......to move a mountain.....and now to make Natalie have a much better, brighter new year.
Take care, God bless.

koneill1976 said...

I can relate to your appliances. When Steve was deployed to Iraq, within a three week period of him being gone, our air conditioner broke down, got a flat, then the car broke down and I had to learn to use the riding mower and got caught in our pine tree. Don't ask. Funny how when it hits the fan, it hits it with a vengence. Hope you start feeling normal again soon, if you remember what normal feels like. I already forgot. I'm so freaking tired all the time and sitting in class I am spacing off and can't concentrate. I am usually a straight A/B student, but I am going to strive for a C and be happy with that. :) Talk to you soon.

koneill1976 said...

I can relate to your appliances. When Steve was deployed to Iraq, within a three week period of him being gone, our air conditioner broke down, got a flat, then the car broke down and I had to learn to use the riding mower and got caught in our pine tree. Don't ask. Funny how when it hits the fan, it hits it with a vengence. Hope you start feeling normal again soon, if you remember what normal feels like. I already forgot. I'm so freaking tired all the time and sitting in class I am spacing off and can't concentrate. I am usually a straight A/B student, but I am going to strive for a C and be happy with that. :) Talk to you soon.