Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not much to say

My trip out of state went fine. I again see how much energy and strength chemotherapy has taken from me. The exhaustion didn't hit me until the near end of the trip, so that was good. I feel fine (although a little slow) today, so it doesn't appear to carry over from one day to the next.

One interesting thing happened to me on my trip. As I was boarding my flight home, the man taking the tickets said "Have a good flight sir". Then he looked at me, and said "Sorry - the bandanna threw me off". Sir. I had make-up on! I had eyebrows drawn on my face, and not bushy ones either. Lipstick. Eyeliner to mimic my lost eyelashes. And for those of you who do not know me - I am the opposite of flat chested. Oh well - I guess chemo has made me androgynous. ;) Maybe I have finally become the boy/girl I always wanted to be in high school (think David Bowie/Adam Ant). LOL! More likely, the ticket taker was high.

Everything is still busy busy busy. There is a wedding shower and a wedding coming up - and a lot of work to do for that -although my sister is doing a great job of getting things in order! Who knew that she was so organized - honestly - this is a side of her that I have never seen before.

We also have a short trip that happens right before the shower. My CT scan is scheduled right before the trip, but I won't have the results probably until after the wedding and all (unless there is something wrong and they need to contact me sooner).

whew. Who has time to worry about cancer? ;)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi Nat! I'm so glad to hear that your final chemo is over!! My mom just had her second. We can't wait for the last one either! I hope and pray that you get a clean bill of health!! Keep us posted!