Thursday, January 10, 2008

Keeping busy

I have been keeping occupied now that I feel better (and I feel SO much better!). Work has been busy, which is great, because it helps keep my mind from worrying about vague future fragments of time.

In fact I have a quick jaunt to Virginia next week to do a job. I leave Monday night, and come back on Tuesday night. I'm hoping to stop at the Edgar Allan Poe museum - who knew there was such a place!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I wasn't supposed to see him this soon, but he is leaving until the end of January on vacation. I'm hoping that he will at least order the tests I need, even if I have to wait a few weeks to have them done. I haven't been having any problems though, other than being tired all of the time, joint pain and headaches.

I started taking L-glutamine in mid December for the numbness. I take about 5-7 grams of the powder every third day or so (very infrequently). However, my numbness is nearly non-existent now. There are no other side effects from it (for me) either! I suggest it for anyone who has neuropathy from chemotherapy. (but check with your doctor first!)

The rest of the month will be busy too. My sister went from being engaged in December, to planning a February 9, 2008 (YES - 2008!!) wedding. I am happy for her, but doesn't she know how much WORK this is? :) Lucky for us, she is keeping it simple.

I guess this is the official announcement, since she hasn't really told many people yet. So congratulations to L and M!!!

I am going dress shopping with her tomorrow. This is a supreme sacrifice, since I hate shopping! However, she was with me when I bought mine, and in fact found the store for me. I hope that we find a great dress, very quickly :) tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Hi Natalie - So glad to hear you're doing well, except for being tired all the time (won't that eventually ease off now that the chemo is over?) joint pain & headaches.
My goodness gracious!!! Lori is getting married February 9th???? Holy mackerel, and thank goodness she is keeping it simple. I thought she was planning on a September wedding. Congratulations to L and M.
The suprreme sacrifice, especially since you hate shopping, but it's pay-back time, and hopefull she'll find a dress quickly:)
Take care, God bless.

koneill1976 said...

I am so envious! I would be doing fine with chemo if I wasn't so damn nauseated. I hate shopping too. I picked my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses out of a magazine b/c I didn't want to try on anything and my bridesmaids agreed and we just went through mags one night and got it all done. My dress was awesome and only $400. My bridesmaids were reusable ( nothing tacky) and were around $150 each. It was 10 years ago so I don't remember the mag.

I took my finals that I missed last quarter cause of my surgery and I failed ALL of them. I don't remember anything from last quarter. Thank god I was making straight A's b/c I still got C's but I was amazed how bad I did and my instructors were too. chemo makes you stupid. :)

Talk soon