Thursday, February 28, 2008

No answers, more questions

I finally heard from my oncologist about my PET scan results. There was nothing really definitive though. He said that there are three areas on the scan that are suspect. The aforenoted mass near my liver, and two others in the "abdomen". Hmm. My abdomen is a large place. ;) I wish he would have narrowed it down a bit.

He did not actually look at the scan, just the technicians interpretation of the scan. I had the scan sent to the gynecologic oncologist that I am seeing on Tuesday, so she can hopefully interpret it with an expert eye.

I am hoping for surgery first, then chemo again (not that I am wishing for chemo - but I think you know what I mean!) I just want this out of me (again)! Sometimes they don't do surgery, but start a new chemo regimen instead. Possibly Doxil, or Gemzar (boy, I am really learning the lingo.) I hope that radiation won't be required. I have a fear of radiation. Shoot me up with all the deadly chemicals you want, just don't 'zap' me.

The upside of this, is that there were no spots (or at least the oncologist didn't mention any spots) in my lungs, or other far reaching areas. If these 'spots' are cancer (likely they are), they are staying put in my abdominal cavity for now.

So there is the update. Nothing enlightening. No game plan yet. I really hope to have more answers on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope your appt goes well tomorrow. My mom has one tomorrow as well to discuss radiation. I'm really hoping they don't have to go that route with her either. That is great news that nothing has shown up in your lungs or farther away. Good luck tomorrow and I will be praying!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nat - You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and I sure hope they'll be able to tell you more about what's going on. Chemotherapy again:(
Take care, God bless.