Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update

The PET scan scheduled for last Friday, was canceled due to machine issues. It was rescheduled for next Friday. At least I wasn't one of the patients that had been injected with the radioactive gunk before the machine broke! Yikes! :) The bad thing is that I really feel this mass inside me now. Part of it is mental, I'm sure - but part of it is the unidentified mass making itself known - a hot, angry red ball (benign? not benign??) inside me.

I am doing much better than I was last week after getting the results. I know I have a lot of fight left in me. Bring it on!

I do wish I could jump forward a few weeks so the answers I seek would already be known, and a treatment plan identified. But life is to be lived now - and I can't afford to lose a few weeks. So I take it day by day, and when the panic and fear set in (which they like to do), I breathe deeply and slowly, and remind myself that this is just the beginning, and not the end.

On a lighter and brighter note:
My sisters wedding went very smoothly. Everyone involved did such a great job - and the ceremony was beautiful (as was she!!). I may have even shed a tear or two, but don't tell anyone!! I wish her and her husband (wow - husband!) the very best that this world and life has to offer.

No comments: