Monday, February 25, 2008

Still waiting

Still waiting for results from the PET scan. I don't know if its psychological or not, but I feel increased pain in my right side, where the mass is supposed to be. I'm hoping its psychological... :)

In other news, I won't get to see the same gynecologic oncologist that originally performed my surgery. Apparently he is not with the 'group' for my insurance anymore. They referred me to a different person. However, the new doc is one that I saw last year for a second opinion, and I really liked her. So I hope that this change is for the best. I am happy that I have insurance, but I really hate the huge run-a-round and all of the hoops I need to jump through! I have an appointment with her for next Tuesday.

So I'm waiting, and working, and worrying, and wondering what the future holds. Those must be the four "w's" of ovarian cancer! ;)

Continue to remember me in your thoughts and prayers please, and my favorite husband too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man.. you are still waiting, that must be driving you nuts. Waiting is the worst part.

Is the new doctor a gyn oncologist??

Hey, did you hear.. there is a promising new blood test being tested out of Yale. It is said to accurately diagnose OvCa 99% of the time... however, it isn't available yet. I wish they'd hurry up.

Take care... You are in my thoughts every day.

koneill1976 said...

I have to wait to get my scan till April. My one good ovary is aching and i am paranoid, but my professor told me that as long as I am still breathing, not to worry. So, I am taking it a day at a time and enjoy feeling normal again. You are fine, your heart is beating, you are breathing and you can still have good quality of life. Enjoy it! I hate the unknown too, I want to buy an ultrasound just so I can whip it out and make sure nothing is growing anywhere, but that would drive me more nuts probably b/c I would become obsessed. You are in my thoughts and I want to meet you and I will. We will have to get together when we are both healed and have this hurdle behind. Camping anyone?