Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pretty good news

My results were much more good than bad. My doctor says that a nodule on my omentum (which was there before) is a little bigger. It is 1.5 centimeters now (not sure what it was before). She is not sure if it is bigger due to cancer growth, or bigger due to inflammation from the immune response from the vaccine. We, of course, hope that it is inflammation from the vaccine. The spot on my liver has stayed the same, but she is not certain if that is tumor or scar tissue.

This really is good news, because there was no explosive cancer growth as there was when I was on both the Taxol/carboplatin and the Doxil chemotherapies, and no new areas of growth identified (whew!).

Of course, we had hoped that *nothing* would show up on the scan - but we are very satisfied at this point! So is the doctor.

It also helped that my CA125 is continuing to drop. It is not really a reliable number for me - but if it increased, we would be concerned. It is now 23 (Michael Jordans number - said my favorite husband). ;)

The best part though, is NO CHEMO. My doc is going to give me another CT scan in late May, and we will see what is going on then. I am thrilled that I get a two month break from cancer! I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks so much for caring about me and my favorite husband. We truly appreciate all the kind words, prayers, good energy, etc. The battle is not over, but I'm beginning to feel like I am now on a winning team!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

a two month reprieve!! that's amazing! I hope you enjoy each and every second of it. :)

I'll be praying that it lasts a WHOLE lot longer than two months ... let's go with at least two decades!

Maggie said...

Whew! I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath for your news. Stay positive, eat healthy, you're going to make it. Here's to a break from chemo!

Anonymous said...

Love you....nuf said.....;-)

JKE

Anonymous said...

Great news! Love you, Nat!

JC

Kia Taylor said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

YEAH!!! Great news! Enjoy ever single second of that 2 months. I see chocolate in your future...

test said...

yay!! I am so happy for you! big hug and it will be longer than two months. :o)
x

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I'm so happy for you. You are getting tip top care!

Jamie said...

Great news!!! Have a nice 2 month break!!! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

YEA, what encouraging news! Take a deep breath and enjoy SPRING.

Joellyn said...

To say that I am absolutely THRILLED for you would be an understatement. Have a wonderful break----you deserve it!

Sue said...

Hi Nat:

It's great to read your good news. You must feel light as a feather with no chemo on the nearby horizon. I love your line "I'm going to enjoy every minute of it." You have such a positive attitude.

I wish you sunny days and lots of joy.

Sue

Sue said...

Oh,

Would you put a link to my blog from yours? No pressure if you don't want to. I just thought I'd ask. I've got one for yours on Sue's Boob. :)

Sue