Thursday, March 5, 2009

On the right track!

My last weekly vaccine was administered today, with no problems. I also had a doctors exam and she said that everything 'felt' just fine. Most importantly my CA125 is now.........

27

:)

That is down from 45 (Feb), from 79 (Jan), from 175 (Jan), and 360 (Dec). At this point we don't know if it is from the vaccine, or if it was the surgery and Taxotere. It was some excellent news. I was really stressed and worried about it last night (I know, I know... worry doesn't help!) When she told me the number, I had her repeat it several times. 27 27 27

I still have appointments with the research team, including Delayed Type Hypersensitivity (DTH) testing to be done at the end of the month, and a booster vaccine shot in six months. I also will see the doc and have a CT scan at the end of the month. That is good, because the CT scan is probably more reliable than my wacky CA125. When everything shows that I'm clear, I will drop down to visiting her every three months. The doctor will still be keeping a close watch.

For now, I consider myself cancer free. The days leading up to the CT scan and doc visit the next day will probably be tense, but I have a few weeks of no cancer!

Just in time for spring :)

:) :) :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME! That's such a great number!

Enjoy your cancer-free time! That's just so wonderful :)

Kia Taylor said...

CLAIM IT Nat!!! You ARE cancer free!!

xoxo

Shopping Kharma said...

What an awesome number! You are so awesome and so many years ahead in wisdom than so many!

Me said...

AMAZING.....Absolutely flipping fantastic news!
Hugs to you.

test said...

YESSSSSSSS!!! I am so happy! I just got up, and grabbed coffee and jumped on the net before anything else, to see what happened with you. What a cool way to start Friday.

TWENTY SEVEEEEN!!! Get the T-shirt! Ditto Kia - you ARE cancer free.

woop woop
xox

test said...

PS: I bet the FH is jumping for joy too!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Very Happy and Excited!!!!

Go Nat, you can do it!!
Kick that cancers butt!!

Fav Hub

Anonymous said...

PERFECT!!!! I'm so happy for this news!!! Nat, thanks so much for posting and being a support to all of us! I'm so happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Cancer-free. Yahoooooo! I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Blessings to you,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nat. Happy for you and the treatments that have improved so much with success in the last almost 20 years.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! It feels so good when they tell you your CA125 is right down low. I'm off for my 3 month check tomorrow and there's always this little worry that it might have sneaked up again while I had my back turned :-)

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Wonderful news!! Claim it and NEVER look back!

Jamie said...

oh my word Nat! That is so awesome!!!! Keep us posted on the upcoming tests! I bet they will be good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Nat, I am so very happy for you. I'm so happy the CA 125 is so low........wonderful news. Take care, God bless. Gerry

Anonymous said...

Nat, I am so very happy for you. I'm so happy the CA 125 is so low........wonderful news. Take care, God bless. Gerry

Jeanne said...

Wow. Go for cancer free. Wallow in it. Breathe it. Eat it, for pete's sake. I am so very happy for you.


Jeanne