Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Unexpected

I didn't want to jinx myself by saying anything before, but it looks like my hair is staying with me! It never did fall out during treatment. I guess that is due to my getting the Taxotere chemo on a weekly basis at a lowered dosage, instead of every three weeks at a higher dosage. I actually got a hair cut on Monday. It is about four inches long!

My last treatment was the day after Thanksgiving. Since the Sunday after, I have felt awful. I felt REALLY awful last week. I was so tired, and my belly ached, with sharp pains shooting through my whole abdomen. It may have been from the chemicals being absorbed, or from adhesions forming or dissolving - I don't know and I don't care! I just wanted it to stop. I barely worked five hour days last week. I was tired, cranky, exhausted, nauseated, and generally 'unwell' feeling.

The good news is that I feel so much better this week. The pains are nearly gone, except for a somewhat disturbing pain near my liver. Every pain I have seems to be in the area of my liver! :) It could be from the interperitoneal (IP) port and hose they have threaded through my abdomen. I hope to have the doctor remove the port and tubing soon - I think it may be the cause of much of my discomfort.

If she told me that I needed the IP chemo again, I don't know that I would agree to it. My quality of life was not very good while going through it. I'll cross that bridge though, when and if, I come to it.

I have a CT scan tomorrow, and an appointment with my doc on Friday. I should know more then about the vaccine trial status after I meet with her. We will also see the status of that suspicious spot viewed last time. I'll update after that appointment!

7 comments:

test said...

oh poor you - but you've managed well so far and you're so brave. Good work!! :o)

I will be thinking of you tomorrow while you're having the CT scan - hope everything is exactly as you want it to be. And I hope all that pain goes away soon.

thinking of you. a LOT.
Sx

Kia Taylor said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better...I know it's rough, but you're strong...i'm sending prayers your way and looking forward to hearing your good news. Claim it!! It's yours!

xoxo

Kia

Anonymous said...

I think the pain is the chemo fighting the cancer!! GO CHEMO!!! Glad you are feeling better my friend!!

xoxo
JKE

Anonymous said...

I think the pain is the chemo fighting the cancer!! GO CHEMO!!! Glad you are feeling better my friend!!

xoxo
JKE

samantha said...

I'll be thinking about you on Friday. I hope you get good news!

Joellyn said...

Nat, I'll be saying a prayer for you that this CT scan shows the last chemo really kicked major butt. I'm sorry that it seems like it kicked you, too. And, I'm glad that this week is much, much better than last. Hang in there......

Shopping Kharma said...

I'm sending you lots of warm healing vibes that you will make it through this! What a strong lady you are! Glad I stumbled upon your blog. I just wish to follow it. Please do add the "Follow" Gadget (go to your Blog "Layout", Click "Add Gadget", then click "Followers".) Hope that helps! Your strong spirit will help many others! All the best to you and your family!)