Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just fine!

Thankfully, the side effects I suffered last time, did not affect me this time! Whew! I took some steps to prevent the pain and swelling, and they seem to be helping. Also, I am sure that the prayers, good vibes and positive energy from you all has helped too!

We have a busy week ahead - a cirque de soleil show, a Cubs game, Pierogi Fest, and trying to clean the house for our next big project (hardwood flooring). We finally decided that we are not up to the challenge of installing the flooring by ourselves (although I'm sure it would have been a laugh riot!), and we are outsourcing the job.

Of course, we haven't got a quote for the work yet...

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Hi again - My husband, Ernie, who we refer to as "Martha" at times is in my kitchen rattling the pots & pans..........stuff I should be doing, but doggone it, I want to be responding to your other posting NOW:)

I'm so glad to hear that the steps you took to prevent the pain & swelling......the side effects from the chemo have paid off, & seem to be helping. You are always in my prayers, Natalie, that is a given!!!

Oh, you lucky ducky you!!! A cirque de soleil show, a Cubs game, Pierogi Fest (I'd be curious if they measure up to my home made pierogis:) Probably a good idea outsourcing the hardwood flooring project............hopefully, the quote won't be too bad. Our son, John, got Ernie started on our hardwood flooring in the kitchen, and then he got a hang of it, and completed it. But, Ernie is retired, and has all kinds of time.

Take care, God bless. Enjoy those Pierogis. What kind do they sell, by the way? I've always loved the cheese ones best.

Anonymous said...

Where do you live? I want to go to the Pierogi Fest!!! It's so funny, they were very popular in my home town but I never liked them until after I left town. They aren't as easy to find in my neighborhood of Philadelphia.

Glad your side effects are not that significant this time!