Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrations

Recently, we celebrated my parents 45th wedding anniversary. My sister and I had a surprise 45th wedding anniversary party, that was a COMPLETE surprise to them! I still can't believe they had no clue :) My sister handled the bulk of the planning and work - and I handled the complaining :) I am not a party planner. My husband and I got married in Vegas, because the thought of planning a wedding completely terrified me. She did a fabulous job.

What was wonderful, was that everyone there seemed so happy to be there for my dad and mom. It really turned into a wonderful event. They have really been happily married for 45 years - it CAN be done! :) My favorite husband and I have been happily married for nearly 7 years, so we are on our way.

I had my CT scan and saw my doc Thursday and Friday. My news continues to be great! My CA125 remains at 14, and the scan shows no growth!! Holy cow. The calcified nodules are still there, but show no increase in size. The doctor said that the nodules occur when cancer "shrinks" and leaves behind calcium deposits. So there is no way to tell if cancer remains or not in those nodules - we just keep tracking them.

She is also incorporating a new biomarker blood test. Its the HE4 test, that is supposed to be more reliable than the CA125. Great - its another number for me to worry about!! :) I won't have that result for at least a week. I'm honestly not worried about that number yet, because of the scan and CA125 results.

The one bad thing is that I found out I was one of the very few women at my docs office that was getting "good" results that day. It makes me feel guilty and unworthy. Part of that comes from the fact that I have been extra tired, and I haven't accomplished anything lately. I work, and come home and sit on the couch :( I really need to remember to take my vitamins every day. I think the tiredness is from deficiencies, caused from past chemo treatments. What would those other women accomplish if they had my good news? I need to be re-motivated and re-energized.

Thank you all so much for your continued good energy and prayers! I have been off of treatment since January, and that is a miracle for someone with recurrent ovarian cancer!! Now, I need to get moving! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no one more deserving of such good news, Nat! After all you've been through a seat on the couch (with vitamins of course) is just what you should do. I'm so happy for you! Love you!

Jill

Denise said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up! I know it's hard because I've been there. Take care of yourself!

l'optimiste said...

brilliant news - so chuffed for you and the FH :o)

sometimes you just need to veg out. don't worry about it, you've been through a lot and it takes a long time to get over it - the mental strain/worry is the thing you don't notice until suddenly you are exhausted by it. I was like that until January this year!

Just go with the flow and enjoy being well. And thanks for the info on the HE4 test. I shall be asking about that at my next checkup. :o)
x

Anonymous said...

Please don't feel guilty. Though, I have to say I understand it because I often feel guilty too. It isn't worth it though... I doesn't make take the bad news away from the other women, it just wastes your energy.

Rejoice! You are doing great and that makes me so happy.

Maggie said...

You should never feel guilty for feeling hopeful and good and getting such great news! Your survival gives all of us great hope. Don't feel badly about feeling low on energy, reflect on what an incredibly hard job your body has been doing for the last few years. You deserve to be happy! Grab it with both hands and go, go go!!!!!