Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A beautiful day!


Our team - It consisted of people from work, current wacky friends and their friends, and high school friends! It was perfect weather in Chicago.



At the finish line!



We had a great time, and our team brought in over $4,000. Wow!


A bunch of us went out after the walk for pizza and beer. The waiter saw all of the cancer shirts we were wearing, and asked us if "Anyone caught cancer" on the walk... Hmmm. I don't think he thoroughly considered what he was saying. He got a lot of dirty looks. It just goes to show that people really don't think before they speak. I did not take it personally, but it really offended some of my friends who have other cancer survivors in their lives.


It certainly made the day even more memorable, and gave us something to laugh about in the future! ;)


Everything else is just fine. I still feel great, and rarely remember that I have cancer. Work is keeping me busy, and I am still finalizing our vacation to Alaska (cruise) plans.


My next appointment is May 20, so I will probably post again around that time (you have been fore-warned!).




5 comments:

l'optimiste said...

he wondered if anyone caught it?? hahaha - what a blockhead! I hope you lot didn't 'catch' stupidity in the restaurant? ;o)

well done you - over $4,000?? congratulations!
x

CG said...

Nat, thanks for your comment on Laura's Update blog in March under final update. I appreciate your comments. I'm rooting for and praying for you. I'll check your blog from time to time. Great news from you last CA-125! Keep on keeping on.

Clint

Joellyn said...

Oh, it does look like you had great weather for your walk and I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling great. We had our walk in Des Moines today and had a beautiful day, too. I think they said there were around 1000 people and 30-50 survivors picture. I and two of my friends were having such a good time catching up that we were turned the wrong way and gabbing during the survivor picture!

Maggie said...

So glad to read all your recent good news!!!! I have been up and down recently - back up now - and your good cheer is spreading. Don't stop healing, planning, walking, reading, living. You are an inspiration!

srb said...

Hi Nat

I just read your last two posts. Congrats on being cancer-free! I'm thrilled for you. Thank you for your positive attitude and your warmth. You have helped me a great deal.

Peace,
Sue