Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inauguration and Vaccine

The date is set. I should (barring any unforeseen circumstances) begin the O-Vax ovarian vaccine trial on January 20. That is the day that my friend JKE and I planned to be in DC for the inauguration. She tried to get tickets, but couldn't, so we were just going to drive and get as close as we could to the action - to feel the energy, hope and wonder of such a historic moment! Instead, I hope to be starring in my own historic moment with the vaccine trial.

The public relations person from the hospital told me that two news channels were interested in interviewing me and filming the injection. Before, she had said it was going to be a newspaper interview. Yikes! But I haven't heard anything else yet. I'm not going to worry about it, until I hear more! In fact, I can e-mail her this week to see if that is still the plan. If so, I need to buy a new outfit (one that camouflages all of this chemo weight!) ;)

We had 7 inches of snow last night and I am enjoying the view out my window today as I work from home (thank God I work for an understanding and flexible company!). Have a great week!

Oh - Life of Joy inspired me to add a more recent picture to my profile. It shows that I have hair! It is curly hair and there is a lot of gluey hair product keeping my bangs (or 'fringes' for my European friends) straight.

8 comments:

Joellyn said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you have reached this point and so happy the vaccine is almost here. I'm excited for you! And, I LOVE the hair! It still catches me by surprise in the shower when I actually can grab handfuls of hair again!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Hi, I'm one of Jill's friends from Mount Union. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for journally your journey.

Kia Taylor said...

Yay!! So happy that you're startig the vaccine. You look absolutely beautiful!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your hair!

test said...

oo - I love your hair too - can't wait for mine to grow long enough to have 'bangs' ;o)

And yay for the 20th - I hope they DO come and film/interview you. Lots of hope there for other women. Call them!! Get the outfit anyway [and you DO look gorgeous], and get the publicity. Much needed [and a nice way to be distracted!]. What a day that's going to be all round.

Brilliant news, and you WILL be a star...
x

Me said...

This is wonderful news about the vaccine! And I have to say I think you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

koneill1976 said...

You look sexy! I am so happy for you and I wish nothing but the best. You are such an inspiration! I have to add a new pic too, my hair is a fro but I love it b/c it fits my personality. Be safe on your trip if you go!!! Thinking of you

Jamie said...

So glad to hear you are doing well and ready to start the vaccine tomorrow!!!! I love your new picture! You are so pretty! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Jamie