Friday, October 5, 2007

Toxic

Its a great feeling to know I am going to feel fine for the next two weeks. Those 'down' days really make me want to utilize the good ones! So, yes - feeling fine.

I am having some side effects that I didn't want. I notice numbness in my left hand and foot. Its like the feeling right before a part of your body "falls asleep", except that it just remains in that odd, numb, nearing tingly state and no amount of movement wakes it up. Its not from lack of circulation, but an actual effect on the nerves. Ah, well - I'll talk to the oncologist about it when I see him in a week.

I wonder about just how wise it is for me to put all of these toxins in my body-toxins so harsh that they can't touch your skin. But you hear the word 'cancer', and you just go along with the flow. It was presumed that would be the course of treatment. I didn't research any other treatments, or other options. I didn't even ask. I guess we are all so programmed to automatically think chemotherapy when cancer is a diagnosis.

But I should have at least asked.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hi Nat my sister felt the same kind of numbness as you hers was mostly in her feet and legs so it is a very common side effect. I'm glad you're feeling much better today; ready to watch the Cubbies finally win a game.
Have a great weekend, Michael