Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oncologist appointment

I had an appointment with my oncologist on Friday. He said (and I quote) that I'm "breezing through" this chemotherapy. Well I'm glad HE thinks so! I am pleased that things are going relatively smoothly. He said that my blood tests have been better than his, and that's after having chemo. Guess thats because of all the clean living I've done! ;)

I did tell him about the numbness in my hands and feet. He suggested I start taking a b-complex vitamin, and if that doesn't work, to start taking glutamine. Sigh - more pills.

He will be testing my CA125 this week before chemo (thats a blood test for the protein created by the tumor - I want it to be very very LOW) .

Oh yeah - my 1/2 point chemo is on Friday! At this point next week I will be halfway done. It does feel like the time has flown by.

It is really strange, parceling my life into these three week increments from treatment to treatment. I just get back into the swing of work, and then I'm off sick again. The months are passing, but I just look at the calendar to determine if I will be "well" for upcoming holidays and events.

My favorite husband and I had a good time this past weekend. However, the trees in Michigan had not changed color yet. Maybe we can go back in a few weeks - I really love fall colors! We did hike on Friday and Saturday - climbed some sand dunes, and walked by the lake. The memory of the fresh fall air will get me through this next treatment.

1 comment:

Cancer Bitch said...

You might want to ask your oncologist about Neurontin (big pink capsule). It's used to treat the numbness and also has some effect on hot flashes. At least with for some people. Not me.
--Cancer Bitch