Wednesday, June 17, 2009

18

I had a pretty good appointment today.
Some good news - my tumor marker number continues to go down (!!!) My CA125 is now at 18. That is the lowest it has ever been since I started. After my first surgery, it dropped to 19, but it never went below that until now.
Most importantly, there is NO NEW ovarian cancer growth (!!!!!!!!!!) :) That is the best news! I was always good at growing new cancer while on chemo. It is good to know that my body isn't currently cultivating new tumors.
My doctor did say that the cancerous nodules that were there on the last scan are all a little larger (by millimeters). However, she thinks that is from inflammation caused by the vaccine working and attacking the cancer. That theory does make sense to me, because my arm is still inflamed too (from the vaccine shots). So, we are just going to wait and watch - which have never been strong points of mine.
Of course I wanted to hear that everything was smaller, or non-existant. ;) I guess I am just learning that everything isn't always as 'cut and dried' as I would like it to be. I want a certain answer, or outcome - but that is just not the way it works.
I have another appt next month - but no further scans planned for now. That is nice, because I hate the stress that having scans causes me!
Until next time!

5 comments:

l'optimiste said...

NO NEW cancer growth!! YES!! yay - really chuffed for you Nat.

What a relief. And fascinating that this vaccine is working. How cool is that?? Good news for you, and also good news for the rest of us.

woop woop!
x

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Nice!!!! 18 is great!!!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, to be 18 again......oh wait..;-)..I'm so happy for you I could cry!!
xoxo
JKE

Joellyn said...

Bully for you, 18 is very good number! I'm glad that you are having a great summer with your memorable Alaskan cruise and all!

Jill said...

Hooray for you! That is awesome news.