Monday, March 2, 2009

Rising anxiety

My last weekly vaccine will be given on Thursday. Can you believe it is over already?? It seems as though this all just started. There will still be some follow up stuff, and a booster shot in six months. It will be strange though, not making the weekly trek for my shots.

I notice that I am increasingly anxious about the appointment on Thursday. Maybe it is because I will find out my CA125 number, and which direction it is now heading. Maybe it is because the vaccine portion is essentially over - and now we will see if it is effective. I guess I am just worried about what is next.

I notice my hands clenched into fists more often, tension in my neck and shoulders, and insomnia which always accompanies anxiety for me. I force myself to relax only to find my fists clenched again.

I am trying to distract myself by planning an Alaskan cruise for us in May or June. Still, the unknown medical future colors that too. Should I plan a relaxing trip or an adventurous one? I just don't know what my medical situation will be. I guess I will do a combination of both, and get all the cancellation insurance that I can! :)

Otherwise things are just fine. The increased daylight certainly helps my mood, and it is warming up out there. Work is going well, and I am still head over heels in love! Things could certainly be a whole lot worse :)

I'll update after my appointment on Thursday - have a great week!

6 comments:

test said...

amazing - time races past so quickly.

I would be anxious too - it's a bit like having the 'last' chemo - after that you're sort of adrift.

I have a good feeling for Thursday.

In the meantime, buy some of those squidgy balls and crush the little blighters...

Alaska?? Brilliant!! And - er - how could you not be head over heels in love still eh? ;o)
x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some needs a back rub and a Vacation!! :0)

Try not to think about it in that way and think positive healing thoughts (Like “I'm going to make my body kick this cancer's butt!!”)

I know easy to say, but harder to do, but you know I’m always here for you! :0)

Fav Hub :)

Kia Taylor said...

How much do I love "Fav hubby", he reminds me of mine and I wouldn't trade him for the world!!

I'm praying for a great CA125 for you!!

xoxo

Joellyn said...

I am so hoping for a great CA 125 for you on Thursday. And I can definitely relate to anxiety that that test can bring....The Alaskan cruise sounds heavenly. Hopefully reading lots of beautiful brochures can help distract you from worrying about Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful Nat,

I want to wish you luck tomorrow, and share that for me too, ending a treatment (for me it was chemo in late January) was scarey, and that is when my mood started to drop. You are totally awesome and such a beautiful woman. And head over heals in love to boot! How marvelous. He's a lucky guy.

Remember to be gentle with yourself. A nice hot bath before going to bed might help with the insomnia. That and Sleepy Time tea.

Thinking of you,
Sue

Anonymous said...

An Alaskan cruise sounds lovely.

Thanks for the update. I am always sending good thoughts your way.