Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Its a 'go'!

This Thursday I will start a new chemo. I just got the confirmation call today (after a message left for me yesterday - telling me I wasn't approved yet. They just wanted to get me all worked up I guess!) :)

I look forward to starting chemo at a new place. I hope it all goes smoothly, with no significant side effects or reactions to the chemo drug. I'll probably be nervous for the next couple of days until I know how the drug will affect me - until I have a session 'under my belt' so to speak. Hopefully it shrinks the ovarian cancer in all of the areas that it has migrated!

There was sad news this weekend - a sales rep for my company passed away from colon cancer. I knew he had cancer, but had no idea it had progressed so rapidly or was so serious. He doesn't work out of my office, and so I rarely saw him, and infrequently talked with him on the phone. Please say a prayer for Rolands family if you are so inclined.

Also my main boss was out of town to attend the surgery for his mother for colon cancer. I don't know how she is doing yet, but she did make it through the surgery.

Finally, my wonderful father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer. When it rains, it pours I guess. He should be starting treatment (radiation) later this month. I know it is especially hard on my mother in law - because she has had cancer touch her family many times. I am very hopeful that his treatment will be a cure. It sounds like his doctor knows what he is doing.

There was a fairy tale time when there was no cancer in my life. Now it surrounds me and those that I love.

1 comment:

samantha said...

good news that you will be starting chemo soon. Best of luck with it.

I'm very sorry about your co-worker. I remember when a friend of mine had died just as I finished treatment. It was devastating. I'm so sorry.

I hate cancer and I hope it goes away from your life forever.